Thursday, October 20, 2011

The State Fair of Texas

We took Landon to the State Fair of Texas this past weekend. He loved, loved, loved the Midway! He could've spent the entire day hopping from one ride to the next. Little does he know that each ride was at least 8 coupons, which was $4! He wasn't quite tall enough for several of the rides he wanted to do, but maybe he'll be ready next year. After seeing his love for the rides (and no fear), Bo and I want to take him to Six Flags.

This was Landon's favorite ride of the day.





The roller coaster was his 2nd favorite ride.

Daddy told him to put his hands up and he did!

The fun part!


The State Fair is known for its fried food selection, and the usual corny dogs and funnel cakes. This year's winner of "most creative" was Fried Bubblegum. I can't tell you how excited I was to taste this fabulous creation. I handed over my 9 coupons and the delightful vendor handed me a plate with this really cool presentation of fried pink bubblegums on a stick. They're really marshmallows dipped in batter and fried. And the small colorful morsels sprinkled on top of this greatness were baby bubblegums. Yum, right? Okay, maybe not so much. So, I sunk my teeth into this award-winning treasure, and..........good Lord, it was dreadful! There was a reason it didn't win the "best tasting" award! What a let-down and massive disappointment for me. Here is a picture of the fried bubblegum and my pure joy and excitement.


A cute dog show we saw.


And a few other shots of little moments with our little guy.






We did not get a picture with Big Tex. And I'm a little sad about that because he supposedly had a new outfit this year. We had a wonderful time with our son and I'm sure we'll be back next year.

No comments:

The Cross Family

The Cross Family

Followers

The Proud Parents

My photo
Celina, Texas, United States