Monday, April 20, 2009

A Birthday Party & Bluebonnets
















This weekend was a busy one. One of our neighbors has a little boy who just turned 2and I took Landon to his birthday party Saturday morning. It was a "messy" party, with different stations set up outside, some with mud, some with flour & water, not to mention the endless bottles of ketchup, mustard, bubbles, finger paint, and silly string. For those of you who know our son, this wasn't the most enjoyable birthday party ever. Landon does not like to be messy....AT ALL! He gladly played with toys inside and even more gladly devoured the pizza and birthday cake. Once the party moved outside, he didn't leave my side. We found our nice little comfort zone on the patio with sidewalk chalk. As silly string was flying everywhere, a little landed on Landon's head, and I thought my son was going to have a complete meltdown. I'm happy to say he and I both survived and walked away from the party just as clean as we had arrived (unlike most others).

Bo's football team, the Dallas Defenders, played the Central Texas Wolfpack Saturday afternoon. It wasn't looking too good for the Defenders until one of the last plays of the game. They scored with only 15 seconds remaining the game. It was really exciting! The Defenders are now the proud holders of the Southwest Conference Championship trophy. And, the best part is Bo walked away without cracking any ribs this time!

Sunday, we took a little trip down to Ennis to see the bluebonnets. The weather was just perfect and the bluebonnets were gorgeous. Sunday was one of those days that just made me feel good. I kept looking at Bo and Landon and was overwhelmingly thankful for my little family.

No comments:

The Cross Family

The Cross Family

Followers

The Proud Parents

My photo
Celina, Texas, United States