Friday, May 29, 2009

A Memorial Day to Remember





















Memorial Day was spent in Tennessee again this year. The entire family ventured in for my grandmother's 75th birthday 2 years ago. This year we all did the same for her sister's 75th birthday. Landon is a spectacular traveler. He entertains himself in the back seat with books, cars, his own radio, and a swig of juice every now and then. Landon even managed to tell us every time he needed to go potty! Unfortunately, sometimes that meant an emergency stop 5 minutes after we filled up at a gas station, or stopping at the scariest, and most gut wrenching gas station in the heart of Memphis. We were so proud of our big boy! Upon arrival, Landon was the center of attention. He didn't quite know what to think of all those people ooing & awing over him, but he warmed up quickly once showered with gifts from his GG, cousin Babs, and Aunt Stephanie. The weekend was filled with activities like redneck horseshoes, eating, chalk art, watermelon seed spitting, biking, eating, hiking, boating, tubing, eating, dancing, gaming, talking, eating, a performance by Grandmother's & Aunt Bettye's Hillbilly Band, volleyball, witnessing a streaker (Bo), and even a Halloween party! Aunt Bettye's favorite thing is their annual Halloween costume party, so we surprised her with one in May. It was hilarious, and even attracted the attention of a few park rangers. I'm sure they thought alcohol had to be involved, but nope! I have to talk about the food for a moment. Seriously, you haven't had great food until you've had it cooked by these folks. There's nothing like it! Breakfast is always my personal favorite, but it was rivaled by Joe's fish fry. The desserts were oh-so yummy too. We must have gained 10 lbs, terrible for me, but a perk for Bo. I know all that cooking is hard work, but it was truly a delight to eat such scrumptious food! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was really a memorable Memorial Day weekend. Landon was so sad to leave. I asked him if he was ready to go back to Texas, and he kept saying, "No, I want to stay in Tennessee." It broke my heart. I truly think I have the very best (maybe the silliest too!) family in the world. They know how to have a good time, and did I mention they know how to cook? Landon doesn't know what kind of family he's inherited, but I'm hoping all these great pictures will give him an idea. Speaking of pictures, after we combined cameras we had well over 900 pictures! So, it was an insanely difficult task picking out a few for this blog.

No comments:

The Cross Family

The Cross Family

Followers

The Proud Parents

My photo
Celina, Texas, United States